HERE'S HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PEARLS
Posted on 01 May 2020
Just like anything we own, a little love goes a long way in keeping our precious pearls looking as good as the day we purchased them. With some care, they can be passed down from generation to generation, as a treasured family heirloom.
A simple thing to remember with your pearls is they should be the last thing to put on and the first thing to take off.
Just follow these simple steps & your pearls will last a lifetime and more!
- Last on and first off. Avoid contact with cosmetics, sunscreen, hair spray and perfumes. These products can contain chemicals that may damage the lustre (the shine) on your pearls.
- Avoid Swimming in Pools. Chlorine & other chemicals in swimming pools can have an adverse effect on your pearls. The chemicals can weaken the outer surface of the pearls & dull their lustre.
- Clean with a damp cloth: Wipe your pearls with a damp cloth after wearing. This will wipe away any impurities and nourish them with moisture. For an extra clean just add a couple of drops of dishwashing liquid. I use Morning Fresh. Store in a soft pouch or padded box.
- Wear your Pearls Often: Pearls need moisture otherwise surface cracks can appear over an extended period of time. This is why they love to be worn as they are exposed to moisture in the air & from your body. Easiest advise ever!
- Keep Separate from other jewellery: Always keep your pearls separated from hard jewellery items such as rings or bracelets to prevent them from being scratched or damaged in any way.